Help us make a difference! This construction labor/Field Technician position requires helping our field technicians keep our home performance contracting sites clean, hauling and sorting materials, assisting with tasks such as demolition and installation as needed, and cooperating with site supervisors to make the jobs run efficiently. Knowledge and interest in carpentry and energy efficiency is helpful. Great communication skills and eagerness to assist mean a lot. Adaptability is key. Must be able to work in tight areas like attics and crawlspaces.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a reliable, hard worker who is willing to get dirty and get the job done.
- is on time and ready to work in the morning.
- understands the importance of efficient, good quality work.
- wants to continue to learn and be part of a great team, but also able to work alone.
- has construction skills and ability to work in tight spaces.
- understands the importance of on-the-job safety.
- has a basic understanding of building science (preferred).
- has some experience with air sealing, HVAC or electrical (preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour + bonus pay
Benefits: Paid time off and Retirement plan
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday – Friday
Masks required indoors and when unable to work at safe distance from others.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This is a full time position. Applicant needs to have reliable transportation.
Please send resume to Energy Check: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 355, Blacksburg, VA 24063